TalkTools® is committed to the professional and personal development of its therapists and clients and provides new and innovative techniques creating an educational platform for growth. Here you will find a library of articles, tips, and resourceful links we are involved in and that you can browse and explore. Feel free to browse all of these and remember to check back often as we are always on the move adding new stuff!
TalkTools® is proud to be a part of the speech, oral and occupational therapy industry and likes to provide our community with relevant education and information on the tools, therapies and trends that effect therapist and patients alike. Below you will find a list of articles that we have pulled together for you to browse. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Robyn Merkel-Walsh and Renee Roy Hill's ASHA Poster Presentation
- Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson's ASHA Poster Presentation
- Oral Motor Deficits in Speech-Impaired Children with Autism
- Three Part Approach- Treating apraxia of Speech with Oral Placement, Feeding and Speech Tasks, Emilia del Pino, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Utilizing Nature's Bio-Adaptability of Soft and Hard Tissues, Kimberly K. Benkert, RDH, BSDH, MPH, COM, FAADH
- Effect of Tactile Stimulation on Lingual Motor Function in Pediatric Lingual Dysphagia, Lamm EdD, Defelice MD, Cargan MD
- Variability of Tongue-Tip Placement, Sara Rosenfeld Johnson, M.S., CCC/SLP
- A Sensory-Motor Approach to Feeding, Lori Overland, M.S., CCC/SLP
- Targeted Treatment: Cranial Nerve Based Assessments, Alyssa Banotai featuring Jennifer Jones, PhD
- The Problem with Pacifiers, C. CLairborne Ray
- Red Flags of Children with Sensory-Motor Feeding / Speech Deficits, Emilia del Pino, M.S., CCC/SLP In Spanish
- Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson's Approach to Oral-Motor Feeding and Speech Therapy In Spanish
- OPT as an Effective Tool in Aiding Non-verbal Children with Autism in their Utterance of Vowels /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/ and Consonants /b/, /m/, and /p/ Saturnino, Sylvia Elizabeth C.
- Connections Between Tongue Placement and Dental Alignment - In English In Spanish
- The Effect of Lip Strengthening Exercises in Children and Adolescents With Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1
- Effective Exercises for a Short Frenum In English In Spanish
- Efficacy of Using an Oral-Motor Approach to Remediate Distorted /r/
- Food for Thought- In English In Spanish
- Food Sensitivity in the Down syndrome Population
- Hard Facts to Swallow - Therapists working with feeding disorders
- Horns As Therapy Tools - In English In Spanish
- Improving Feeding Safety and Speech Clarity for clients with Moebius Syndrome - in English In Spanish
- Mother Knows Best
- Oral-Motor Issue: Letter to the Editor
- Oral Habits: Why They Exist and How to Eliminate Them
- PROMPT Article- in English In Spanish
- The Role of the Jaw for Feeding and Speech
- Speech Therapy & Occupational Therapy: What's the Connection? Oral-Motor, Sensory, and Feeding Skills
- Sippy Cup Article
- Straws as Therapy Tools - In English In Spanish
- The Oral-Motor Myths of Down syndrome - In English In Spanish
- Treatment of Children With Speech Oral Placement Disorders (OPDs): A Paradigm Emerges
- What's Next? Blankie? The Beloved Sippy Cup Comes Under Attack
- Functional Outcomes of Strength training in spastic cerebral palsy
Find a Therapist
Are you looking for a TalkTools® therapist that can help you? Look no further; we have exactly what you need. TalkTools® has a network of excellent therapists across the globe that can help you get the tools and training you need to excel in your therapy. Click here to find a TalkTools® therapist in your area that is right for you.
Our unique methods of oral-placement therapy have proven effective for clients with oral-motor deficits in therapeutic settings and we are excited to begin clinical trials to validate those results. We are working with researchers to provide practitioners and families with evidence-based therapeutic methods to address oral-motor aspects of speech, sensory and feeding deficits. Several research projects are underway addressing various aspects of TalkTools® techniques, tools and methodologies. We will make our findings available and submit our findings for peer review and we are collaborating with other professionals to expand our knowledge of oral-motor applications for sensory, feeding and speech development.